Applying for Grant funding? We can help! Our curriculum, PD, and coding meets many grant requirements.
Contact Us and see if you qualify. 760-650-2687
We address the two primary barriers in providing quality STEM programming that resonate with many schools: 1) Access to technology; and 2) Staff confidence and ability in teaching STEM content. Our STEM experts specialize in designing programs that will work for your school's unique STEM goals, community involvement, and staffing levels.
1) Access to technology: STEM labs engage students with Coding and STEAM projects using fun robots and invention kits that will keep them coming back every day for more! Our K-12 STEM labs is an easy to implement, turn-key solution, for after-school enrichment programs that works with Tablets, Chromebooks, or Laptops.
2) Staff confidence and ability: Educators are provided virtual sessions with two-way video conference where they can see and try the hands-on technology with a coach there to guide them and answer questions. On-going support is available throughout the term with a dedicated person assigned to your school.
Looking for funding for your afterschool STEM or STEAM program?
See this list at the Afterschool Alliance.
Top 10 Quality STEM Program Elements
Let us help implement an after-school program with these elements at your school:
- Strategies That Engage All Minds: 21st Century Skills embedded in every course: critical thinking, problem solving, curiosity, communication, collaboration and teamwork, creativity and engineering design.
- PD for Educators via personal video conference sessions. It's not watching videos or boring lectures. It is active, hands-on engagement with a live coach, who has taught at that grade level. Educators see modeling of STEM instruction, coding practices, and how to become a guide for students using self-paced curriculum. They learn about STEM and engineering design, bring up the online lessons, get customized lesson plans, strategies for managing the class, assessment tools, and try coding for themselves.
- Coding: 30 to 70 Hours of coding instruction per course (modular lessons to fit within available hours).
- Robust re-usable robots and STEM kits for instruction (most can be used for 3 to 4 years).Robots are a natural draw for students. They make learning any subject more interesting and fun. Students learn to persevere when faced with a challenge and become confident, critical thinkers. Turn-key packages include chargers, acccessories, and everything needed for success.
- A STEM Pathway from K-12 with different lessons for each grade that builds on prior skills.
- Grade K-7 is graphic based coding with Blockly or Scratch
- Grade 8-12 is text based programming with Basic, Python, or C
- High-quality STEM Curriculum based on the 5E Instructional model with worksheets, lesson plans, videos, assessments, step-by-step instruction, and also include digital literacy and responsible use of technology.
- Project based learning activities to apply math and science skills and solve real-world problems.
- Hands-on experiential learning in 15 to 30 minute activities.
- A college and career component with information about STEM careers and activities to inspire students to pursue possible STEM career paths.
- Competitions are included for students to show off their skills at school, for parents, and in community events. These are not the same robots used in FIRST or robot club competitions.
How Can Exploring Robotics Enhance Your After School Program?
- Turn-Key System: You need more than just robots. We include battery chargers, STEM materials, math and measuring accessories, self-paced online curriculum, teacher PD, and support.
- Expert Consultation: We help choose the right packages for the age groups, to meet your STEM goals, stay within your budget, and ensure success for teams of 2 to 4 students.
- Easy to Implement: Use existing devices: tablets, ChromeBooks, or laptops (we can also provide devices with storage carts). We coordinate with your IT department to ensure everything works. Many robots require no assembly, and all are rechargable.
- Easy to Teach: Any teacher can facilitate the self-paced lessons, with no prior experience in coding or robots; with hour of code experience, this will be very familiar!
We are here to help.
- Increase Academic Performance: Students will be measuring, calculating, estimating, collecting data, using coordinate systems, reading, writing, learning about light and sound waves, transfer of energy, magnetism, electronics, etc. The lessons include performance based assessments, follow the 5E instructional model—Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate—to organize the content, and are aligned to NGSS, CSTA, Math, ELA, and ISTE standards.
- Increase Computational Thinking Skills: Students will be thinking critically, cooperating in teams, creating algorithms, troubleshooting, and learning computer science. Amazingly, student don't think of this as learning, because the robots and invention kits are so engaging, they will just be having fun! Not just the geeks, but also girls and the more artistic students are engaged with the art, music, dance, and stories included in the lessons.
Have a grant opportunity? Our experienced grant writers have success in obtaining federal, state, and regional funding for districts.
This is a free service we provide to support a variety of programs.
After-School Elementary STEM and Coding Program (Grades K-5)
When elementary children come in contact with robots it’s like the robot has magic tentacles that reach out and pull the child’s imagination in. The child begins to see and make new connections to Science, Technology Engineering, Art and Math,(STEAM) but more importantly to a new world of possibilities - connections to new and exciting paths previously unknown that may someday be their future.
Every child is ready to learn through exploration, this adventure is for each of them. We have collected the best of the breed in robots to nurture imaginations: Cubelets, Dash, Ozobots, Codey-Rocky, littleBits, and Go-Pi-Go for K-5 (see our Robotics Pathway). These robots and kits fit children at every stage of development from K to 5 and are assured to stimulate and match a child’s potential. Two of our most popular choices are Codey and Dash.
Dash Robots with STEM Curriculum (Grades K-5)
Dash is adorable, makes fun sounds and is easy to control with a tablet. Students use Blockly coding to control Dash to solve fractions and multiplication tables, navigate grids and maps using coordinates, recreate historical events, shoot hoops, and so much more. They learn coding fundamentals of sequence, control, events, and logic.
Codey Rocky with STEM Curriculum (Grades 3-5)
Codey-Rocky is an easy way to introduce coding and is a treasure trove of fun right out of the box, that plays music, follows light, mimics facial expressions and much more. Following a Going-to-Mars theme, students use block-based code to create a launch sequence, define an orbit around mars, control a mars rover, search for minerals, and build an outpost.
After-School Middle School Coding and STEM Program (Grades 6-7)
In middle (intermediate or junior high) school, bring out the explorer and inventor: engaging with coding, robots, and invention kits will pique their interest in STEM subjects and motivate them to participate. This interest opens up a world of opportunity for STEM careers. Our standards-based curriculum will help develop 21st Century and coding skills. The online lessons allow students to work at their own pace with videos and step-by-step instruction to guide them to success. Competitions are included in each curriculum and can add excitement to STEM fairs, innovation fairs, and community events.
We have a well-rounded ensemble of robots and kits that fit children at every stage of development from grades 6-8 that are assured to stimulate and match each child’s potential. Courses for Middle school STEM and coding include Scribbler, Airblock, Go-Pi-Go, GrovePi, littleBits, and Boe-Bot (see our Robotics Pathway). Two of our most popular choices are Scribbler and Airblock:
Airblock Hovercraft and Drones with STEM Curriculum (Grades 6-8)
Students are amazed when they quickly assemble and test a hovercraft which floats on an air cushion as it glides across the floor. With code, they create their own custom control panels and discover the properties of aerodynamics and hydrodynamics. They measure distances, create charts and graphs, predict patterns, calculate angles to control movements and emulate real-world scenarios. Competitions are also included (See video).
Scribbler Robots with STEM Curriculum (Grades 6-7)
Scribbler robot has a pen port; students use different colored pens and program scribbler to create their own drawings and dance routines. But to do so, they must use measurements, geometry, and some algebraic equations; i.e. apply math to draw. Competitions are included where students come together to create a team-choreographed scribbler dance routine, draw complex pictures, navigate mazes, follow lines, and avoid obstacles.